• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Frampton marsh Sep 17 (1 Viewer)

Mike Tom

The large flock of birds I think are black tailed godwits by the length of the bill and the their shape. The duck with the blue patch i assume is a teal but can someone tell me why the patch is not green ? The duck which is face on I assume is a mallard but I am not used to seeing ducks front on, out of the water. Does anyone know what the other bird is in the water form the poor rear photo ? Thank you.

Attachments

• 14 she 163.jpg
    14 she 163.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 14 she 202.jpg
    14 she 202.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 14 she 155.jpg
    14 she 155.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 66
  • 14 she 137.jpg
    14 she 137.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 74
1 - not the best of angles and a muddy bill doesn't help, but I'm thinking Common Teal
2 - Little Grebe
3 - Common Teal, drake moulting from eclipse to breeding plumage
4 - most or all Blackwits

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back