• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds at Temple Park (South Shields) (1 Viewer)

New too bird watching and this fourm but this is what i have seen today at Temple park (South Shields)
(05.07.2017)

Great tit 1
Long tailed tit 1
Pigeons 10+
Crows 5+
Seagulls 10+
Marsh tit 1
Wren 1

Welcome to Birdforum!

Sounds a nice little list to start off with, one tip though - there's no Marsh Tits (nor the very similar Willow Tit, either) in South Shields; perhaps a Coal Tit.

Your gulls would be Herring Gulls and/or Black-headed Gulls.

There's quite an active birding community in South Shields, any time you meet any, say hello, and they'll help you with what to find. At this time of year and for the next couple of months, the beach is a good place to look, you can get good numbers of terns fishing offshore and resting on the beach or the rocks, including a few Roseate Terns.

Also take a look at this thread, though it's been inactive for a couple of months:
http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=110408

Hi, thank you for your advice and helping me out with what I've seen. I'll take a look down the beach on the weekend hopefully and have a look whats about and hopefully get a camera too take some pictures too.

Coal Tit certainly most likely but Willow Tit is not impossible plenty of sightings in south Tyneside area in recent years.

Iv spoke to a few people and they also seem to think it was most probably a coal tit. Im in need a decent camera to better identify what I see. Iv also spotted what looks to be a greater spotted woodpecker hole. It is located quite high up what looks to be a dead tree. After speaking to a few people it seems as there has been sightings of the woodpecker very close to where that area. My plan now Is to find out the best time of day to catch a glimpse of it (hopefully on and round said tree) and get some decent photos. Any advice is much appreciated. I'll keep yous update.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back