• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

McKinley HD discontinued? (1 Viewer)

I noticed this too, but as I was on my phone, thought it might have just been a web anomaly of a chopped down site. I checked the Zen-Ray site, and the McKinley's twin brother the Prime HD is still listed. Strange since the McKinley had a cosmetic upgrade not that long ago.

Chosun :gh:

Very strange indeed Chosun.

Amazon: Not available
Optic Planet: Not Available
BH Photos: Not available
Midway USA: Not available

:smoke:

Unfortunately it does seem to be discontinued. They upgraded their BX-3/Mojave/Pro-Guide series which directly competed with the McKinley but was already popular and provided good optical performance in a small, ergonomically appealing package - though I do believe the McKinley's view to be better because of the much wider, very flat field.

Unfortunately it does seem to be discontinued. They upgraded their BX-3/Mojave/Pro-Guide series which directly competed with the McKinley but was already popular and provided good optical performance in a small, ergonomically appealing package - though I do believe the McKinley's view to be better because of the much wider, very flat field.

This , as I have stated here before is correct. The McKinley has been discontinued and has been ever since the receipt of the final production run of the upgraded second version of the McKinley.

Basically the engineering tweaks involved in reduction of the eye cup diameter and some other things were much more difficult than anticipated.

jremmons is correct in that they decided to go with the BX-3 Pro Guide and its Flourite glass instead.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back