• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

UK: Tories want to legalise fox hunting (1 Viewer)

katastrofa

Supporter
Norway
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ies-general-election-rural-vote-a7726506.html

The Conservatives will renew a pledge to hold a free vote on overturning 2004 ban on the blood sport, Ms May said.

During a visit to a factory in Leeds, the Prime Minister said: "This is a situation on which individuals will have one view or the other, either pro or against.

"As it happens, personally I have always been in favour of fox hunting, and we maintain our commitment, we have had a commitment previously as a Conservative Party, to allow a free vote.

"It would allow Parliament the opportunity to take the decision on this."

Blood-thirsty woman.

I have written confirmation from my MP here in Beds that he is in favour of hunting foxes with hounds and if called upon, would vote accordingly.
No matter what other policies he may have & support, for that one alone I would never ever grant him my vote.

When there are so many other things in this country that need fixing, any time even spent thinking about gratuitous killing of native wildlife seems incredulous to me yet of course those Tory supporters out there would probably label me a left-wing saboteur for not saluting their kind. :)

Barbarians the lot of em.

They say that the Brexit result was split on class lines, here's another example I'm afraid.

A

why don't they promise a referendum?

James
Oh no! Not another referendum. We haven't got over the last one.
Tim Farron and Nicola Sturgeon might not accept the result and demand another one.
We'll spend the rest of our lives having referendums at this rate.
Can we have a referendum on not having any more referendums?I don't think they suit us to be honest.

Last edited:
Can only agree with the sentiments above. Largely preaching to the converted on here with seemingly few in the community supporting the Conservatives (thankfully) but there are some birders on social media willing to admit to it.

Not sure how they can justify this whilst claiming to be nature-lovers. Fox-hunting, unscientific badger cull, licenses issued for gamekeepers to destroy buzzard nests, grouse-shooting & raptor persecution tolerated...the list goes on. A bloodthirsty party with the environment firmly at the bottom of the agenda and tory donors' interests at the top - God help us all!

No-one likes to be told how to vote but anyone reading this thinking of voting for the Nasty Party on June 8th - perhaps should get another hobby. If you're into screwing the natural world and viewing everything as vermin or a commodity for personal exploitation (or supporting a political party who does), you don't deserve to get any pleasure from it! :t::t:

Always amazes me that people care so much about this. Perhaps because it enables them to get on their moral high horse about animal cruelty while sitting on their sofas eating intensively reared turkey twizzlers?

Always amazes me that people care so much about this. Perhaps because it enables them to get on their moral high horse about animal cruelty while sitting on their sofas eating intensively reared turkey twizzlers?
Yes it does throw up some dilemmas. Talking about throwing up- Turkey Twizzlers make me do just that!;)

Yes it does throw up some dilemmas. Talking about throwing up- Turkey Twizzlers make me do just that!;)

I shall have to take your word for that, as being a lifelong vegetarian, I've never consumed the item in question!

However, I must admit they don't look very appetising.

I shall have to take your word for that, as being a lifelong vegetarian, I've never consumed the item in question!

However, I must admit they don't look very appetising.
Thank your lucky stars you're a veggie.They taste aweful !The box they are packaged in would be more appetising.

Just because she might be in favour of fox hunting wouldn't necessarily make her a blood thirsty woman.I don't know her personally but she has never came across like that,if I'm honest.

Yes it would. Foxes can be killed more humanely if they are a problem (though for my money, any human farmer who can't outsmart a canid predator deserves all they get) and all the Hunts together never achieved one tenth of the fox cull meted out by Britain's road traffic. "Fox-hunting" in the sense of hunting with dogs, is inhumane, inefficient and ineffective, and is the preserve of the unforgivably bloodthirsty.

John

"Fox-hunting" in the sense of hunting with dogs, is inhumane, inefficient and ineffective, and is the preserve of the unforgivably bloodthirsty.

Agree....and its done on a huge ego while prancin' about on horses sporting silly clothes and embarassing accents. Sadly, this is a British thing that just won't go away.

I have a radical time-saving suggestion for May by which she will achieve her aims quickly and efficiently - just introduce a bill to return to the 19th century. There, job done!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back