• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Excellent Repair/Service by Zeiss (1 Viewer)

Ian Shepherd

On 15th June I sent my 8x42 Victory SF, bought in September 2015, to Zeiss for repair (via my retailer). The bins had 4mm of slack play in the focus, which had become irritating in field use. Today, 4th July, they were returned to me. Zeiss have replaced the centre and single focus drives, sorting the issue and leaving the focus action butter-smooth throughout and without a hint of slack play. They also replaced the eyecups with the updated version, with the extra click-stop, and renewed the grey armour (there was no initial problem with the armour - maybe it was damaged on removal during the repair process). All this for no charge. Superb customer service, for which many thanks to all involved.

It would appear they are rising to the challenge that is attaining a standard of customer service equal to that of the name that must not be mentioned on this forum.

LGM

I own the name that cant be mentioned, but not because I dont prefer the Z and L brand. My Zeiss stuff in years past was some of the best. My L bins work with my eyes better for some reason. But the S warranty and bend over backward attitude toward repairs is hard to ignore. If Z is making the same efforts, I would go back.

Oh well, I sent my Zeiss binoculars off for a clean/repair in mid May.
Still haven't received so much as a reply subsequent to acknowledgement of receipt, despite several requests for further information. Good thing I have another pair - far too long to remain naked.

I can only reiterate how pleased I was with a recent problem and aftersales with my Zeiss.

Mine was as a result of the dog chewing the eyepieces and bit of the body. The binoculars were returned in a 'new' condition - body armour, eyecups, two new eyepieces(!) cleaned etc. free of charge. Unbelievable particularly as I was expecting a quote in the region of a couple of hundred pounds. I should also point out that the bins are 30 years old give or take...

Way beyond the call of duty.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back