• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Florida Wildlife Refuge Bird - Need ID (1 Viewer)

pointofnoreturn

I took this picture a year ago in Titusville, Florida at the Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge. I never identified it properly and chucked it somewhere in a folder on my computer. A year later, I'm back trying to figure out which bird species it is.

I apologize for the bad quality of the photograph. I maxed out on the zoom and it was taken through a car window. I'm definitely a lot better than that for sure!

Hopefully someone can help me identify this species properly!

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 187
That is a Yellow-rumped Warbler. The image properties say the photo was taken on February 23. It looks to me as though this individual is getting its breeding plumage a bit earlier than the norm, though perhaps that is not unusual for Florida(?)

Jim

Welcome to BirdForum. We are glad to have you join us in our appreciation on nature, especially wild birds.

* Oh, and I agree that your bird is a Yellow-rumped Warbler.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back