• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wood Sandpiper (1 Viewer)

marcus

On Wednesday morning I went to Prime Hook National Wildlife Refuge in Delaware and joined a crowd of of birders who were there looking with binos and scopes at a Wood Sandpiper. I saw it too. That bird has been in that marshy area for more than a week now and in Maryland, Virginia, and of course Delaware it has been the biggest news item for all the birders. They were also looking at a bright, female Red Phalarope. That was another lifer for me.

Congrats Marcus for your lifers my friend...:clap:...as for the Wood Sandpiper..they are realy beautiful birds...during migration some few do come to my patch here.Regards.:t:

Thanks a lot Doc!
Do you often read the accounts of birding taking place over here in the USA?
That was a time that I wish that I had a good camera.
By the way, have you ever seen any Stilts, (you know what kind of birds they are, right?)? I saw quite a few that day. They are called Black-necked Stilts over here but I think they're known as Black-winged Stilts in the Eastern Hemisphere.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back