• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Replacement Eyecups for Victory FL (1 Viewer)

St. Elmo

I've had my 8x42 Victory FL for eight years. Due to the fact that I wear spectacles and also use contact lenses, I extend and retract the eyecups frequently. The stops are becoming rather worn. I emailed Zeiss and asked about procedure for obtaining replacements.

Within minutes, I was asked for my mailing address by return email.

I presume they will arrive shortly. That was easy.

Update....

In less than 24 hours after original request, I received an email stating that the replacements should ship today.

The same with Leica.

The rubber cup that sits on the retractable eye-piece on mine started to come off so I mailed and they sent replacements immediately no Q asked.

A

Did you call them first or email support.?
I need to get my SF eyecups replaced.

John .... I contacted Zeiss USA via their 800 phone number and selected the customer service option from the menu. It took a week for the eye cups to arrive via ground shipment.

The upgraded eye cups look the same as the original that came with the grey units. The only difference is the new unit has two intermediate settings rather than one.

John .... I contacted Zeiss USA via their 800 phone number and selected the customer service option from the menu. It took a week for the eye cups to arrive via ground shipment.

The upgraded eye cups look the same as the original that came with the grey units. The only difference is the new unit has two intermediate settings rather than one.
Thanks for the reply, Bruce; having seen Elmo's post above, I sent an email to Zeiss and a couple of hours later I received an email back asking for my address so they could send me replacements.
Now that is service!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back