• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Want To Buy: Swarovski Pocket 10x25 BP (1 Viewer)

bikibird

Hello,

I came across this forum while researching binoculars. Thank you all for sharing your wealth of knowledge and experience.

I am interested in finding a pair of Swarovski Pocket 10x25 BP binoculars. This is the generation before the newer CL model. I can't seem to find any retailers with it still in stock. If you know of any, please let me know.

The main reason I want to get the BP is that it is excellent (according to my research), waterproof, compact, and very light, at 230g. The equivalent Leica and Zeiss models seem to be several tens of grams heavier. The 10x25 CL from Swarovski is a whopping 120g heavier. While this latest model is superior in various other ways, those advantages are not worth the additional weight to me.

The secondary reason to favour the BP model over the disqualified CL model is that perhaps I can find it somewhere for a reduced price, whether this is from a retailer clearing out old stock, or from a private seller who is not as particular about the weight as I, or indeed prefers a heavier bino anyways, and who wishes to upgrade to the CL model.

So let me know if you want to get rid of yours, or if you know of anyone selling!

Thank you

Last edited:
Bikibird,
These 10x25s are said to be of very good optical quality.
In alphabetical order:
- Alpen Wings, weight probably < 250g, price new ~ $300
- Bushnell Legend, 235g, $137
- Hawke Sapphire, 241g, $210.
These 10x25s are the best in optical quality ≤ 300g.
In alphabetical order:
- Leica Ultravid BL, 260?g
- Leica Ultravid BR, 270g
- Nikon Premier/HG, ~ 300g
- Zeiss Victory (new, not yet available), 290g.

When I was shopping for 10x25's some years back, I was predisposed to buy the Swarovskis until I compared them to the Zeiss Victory 10x25's. Weight mattered less than the view and ergonomics. I found the Zeiss far better for ergonomics and the view was sharper and easier on the eyes. Just sayin'.

Echoing CSG, I think it would be a mistake to choose the Swarovski over the competition for such a small difference in carry weight (smaller than the difference in weight of two shirts of different thickness, or a gulp of water). I find the Leica 10x25 Ultravid much bette than the Swarovski pocket, and the BL version of the Utravid is only 255 g.

--AP

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back