• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Spring Babies! (1 Viewer)

SandhillCrane02

Call me Neil!
United States
Today when I was out on a bike ride I saw a lot of cranes, including two pairs with chicks! One family had one older chick, while another had two very small ones running around after them! Unfortunately, I wasn't prepared and could only take quick photos from afar because I did not want to disturb or startle them (and they were near a street which is another reason I didn't want to scare them)
The first picture is the older one, and the second picture is the smaller ones (they are each next to one of the parents) again, the photos are pretty bad quality because they were taken from very far away

Attachments

• IMG_1232.jpg
    IMG_1232.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1233.jpg
    IMG_1233.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 23
We get them in the winter in SE Arizona. Would love to see the young ones sometime.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back