• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

a good start to the year list (1 Viewer)

da2m

happy new year everybody.
i have been looking forward to going birding this morning because i have been working so much over the festive period. so i left home at 0710 to make dawlish warren(devon) before the sun came up.

as i was driving there i got my first tick of the year, a tawny owl, what a good start.aslo on the way i got canada geese and a sparrow hawk. anyway i made it before the sun came up and went towards langstone rock.

when i got there, there were loads of gull on the strand line so i scanned through them to see if i could see the glaucous gull but to no avail. but i did manage to get 34 year tick in 2 hours so here goes;
tawny owl
canada goose
sphawk
herring gull
greater black back gull
black headed gull
pied wagtail
great crested gebe
turnstone
little grebe
slavonian grebe
eider
common scoter
golgcrest
great northen diver
oystercatcher
dunlin
ringrd plover
curlew
shelduck
brent goose(dark bellied)
cormorant
blackbird
starling
stonechat
dunnock
bullfinch
mallard
magpie
coot
carrion crow
long taied tit
wood pigeon
feral pigeon

so not a bad start. i can't wait to get out to add to the list.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back