• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

attaching a tamron 300 sp to eos 10d (1 Viewer)

roypotter

I'm trying to use a manual focus tamron 300sp on my 10d.
I've tried 2 different types of adaptor to get the lens to fit, one metal & one plastic, both connect fine to my camera, locking into place nicely. However when the lens is attached to the adaptor it screws on and clicks into place against the stop ok, the only problem is that neither of them will lock the lens in place. So even though the the lens has turned into place and i can feel it reaching the stop, it will just undo again with the wait of the camera.

Obviously this means that I cannot carry the setup anywhere in case the camera body falls off and it is also no easy to use with the body liable to move on the lens.

Has this happened to anyone else ?
Has anyone else used the same two pieces of kit without this problem ?

It occurs to me it may be something to do with the locking mechanism on the lens and that being worn perhaps.

Any experiences or advise appreciated

Ta

hi roy is it a mirror lens
i use a 500 mm tamron mirror
with a 350d
by using a tamron adaptall to m42 screw thread
and a m42 to eos adaptor
both available on ebay for a few pounds

Like Mav12 I've used an adaptall2 mount (Contax) and then a Contax to Eos adapter with no problems (on a 300mm f2.8), so perhaps it is a fault with the lens.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back