• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

EOS Lenses (1 Viewer)

Claymore

Hi All,
Quick question will the lenses off a EOS1000fn fit a EOS350d? I have been thinking of buying a used 350d and have 4 mint lenses with my 1000fn kit it would be a shame to sell them if they will work on the digital camera.
Cheers B :)
Brian

The 350D will work with any Canon EF or EF-S lens, there can be issues using older Sigma EOS fit lenses on a DSLR, you'd need to check each lens.

Claymore said:
Cheers! i will hang on to them until i get the 350d and give them a try.
Thanks
Brian

Note that the effective Field-of-view for these lenses will change. So your wide angle lens on your film camera may no longer be a wide angle lens. If you had a telephoto lens, you may be in for a nice surprise, though!

macshark said:
Note that the effective Field-of-view for these lenses will change. So your wide angle lens on your film camera may no longer be a wide angle lens. If you had a telephoto lens, you may be in for a nice surprise, though!
Hi,
No wide angle lens but i do have a 600mm lens i bought off a guy retiring (he worked for local press doing sporting events etc) this may be ok for wildlife etc? 2 weeks after the guy retired he died from heart failure! terrible news as he had never had a day off work sick in 36 years. Hopefully he watching down on me and will approve that i'm still using his gear?
Cheers
Brian

i used a 1000fn for years until i went digital with a 300d a few months ago.you wont regret it.my photography has improved no end.all my old ef lenses work including my sigma 400mm 5.6.that 600mm will be ideal for wildlife etc.and if you did need some more reach bang a teleconverter on it as well (amazing little tools).

Sounds like fun to me! i have just checked the lens out and sorry its not a 600mm its a Sigma 400 f2 if that means anything to ya? there's just 2 tiny scratch's on the very end (i did it last week, but didn't touch the glass thank god)
When i first bought it a guy at Jessops offered me £850 for it! which is quite a bit more than i paid for it (£250 for 3 lenses + some other bits and bobs) but i had to turn him down as they mean more to me than money and i promised to lok after them.
I will definatly be getting a DSLR and hopefully my photo's will improve.
Cheers
Brian

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back