• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help Price Binoculars: Fallacy & Fact (1 Viewer)

Due to the shape of the hillbilly state it's pert near hard to be in the center w/o bein' in spittin' distance of LR. Howevah, I am a mite closer to the geographical center that's around two miles shy of the Pulaski co. line. From the line to the Arkansas river lies la petite roche.

I had one time meself signing up to CN. For whatever reason the captcha wouldn't recognise the old puter. New puter no prob.

Due to the shape of the hillbilly state it's pert near hard to be in the center w/o bein' in spittin' distance of LR. Howevah, I am a mite closer to the geographical center that's around two miles shy of the Pulaski co. line. From the line to the Arkansas river lies la petite roche.

I had one time meself signing up to CN. For whatever reason the captcha wouldn't recognise the old puter. New puter no prob.

Hey, ya'll ain't one a us! What with using words like "Howevah," one gets a mind that you be a yanky transplant from Bostown and thatz in Massiveshoesets. :cat:

Billy Joe

Bill: I have not read all of the other posts, but when you asked earlier, I mentioned $30.00 as the max. most would pay for an optics book like this.

And, I might pay a bit more, knowing you and your book...;)

I suppose there is a fine line between price and volume sold.

Jerry

Looks great, whatever you choose to do try to maximise the chance that there'll be copies available in a decade or more. So many good adktombooks have limited runs and rapidly become unobtainable. Printon demand or self publishing can minimise the risk.
Cheers

Petwr

Progress of Der Buk

Before I could analyze all your responses, I had to work with British Sterling. But, while my hands still smell good, I got nowhere financially.

Next, I tried working with pounds sterling. (Boy, I wish I had a few pounds of sterling lying around the house.) After converting that to REAL money ;), converting “$25 or $30” to $27.50, and doing the addition and division, I came up with an average price of $29.71—basically $30. But not wanting to appear greedy, I settled for $25—as opposed to $24.95. I thank all of you VERY much.

I should have my second proof copy in hand by this Thursday. I’m hoping it will be satisfactory. Sometimes I’ve had to speak with those whose first language isn’t English and often they think faster than they understand, which can cause holes in communication. But, we shall see. :cat:

Thank, again.

Bill

:cat:BINOCULARS: Fallacy & Fact was posted for sale on CreateSpace today and should be on Amazon US and Amazon Europe in 3-5 days.

Bill

Good going, Bill. :t::t:

Ed

Hi Ed:

Did you get your digital book and cover? They didn’t show up in my computer as having been sent. The book and cover totaled 32mg according to MICROSOFT’S Outlook. But, I got a message from MICROSOFT’S Outlook saying I could send nothing larger than 35mg and although I was under by 3mg, MICROSOFT’s Outlook now said my files were actually 44mg. That’s a big jump considering nothing had been done to either file.

I think the overpaid computer geeks need a couple of courses in remedial arithmetic—you know: where you take the little number from the big number and see what’s left.

Anyway, about an hour ago, the files that I wasn’t able to send, showed up in Richard Berry’s Inbox. Did you get yours, too? :cat:

Cheers,

Bill

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back