• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help required 7D Mark 2 (1 Viewer)

tweedy

Hi

I am currently using a canon D70 with sigma sport 150-600mm lens. I am upgrading to the 7D Mark 2 and would like some help please with the best settings as have never used a 7D before - will be using for wildlife/bird photography

Thanks

Leigh

Hi Leigh.

I've had my camera 7 days now and followed a series of videos on youtube.They were made by Grant Atkinson ,easy to understand the videos were I found.

Cheers.

Steve.

It will be interesting to learn how you get on with it!.
Mine is proving to be a nightmare trying to get auto-focus settings right, and compared to my 50D and 1d mk111 keeper rate is at an all time low. I'm so frustrated with it!!!

For what it's worth falconer2406 mine is set up as follows:

I was not going to use so I made the following adjustments to it.

Tracking - minus as far as it will go

Accel./Decel - plus as far as it will go

AF pt auto switching - plus as far as it will go

I can't remember exactly but I may have seen this setup on one of Art Morris' videos - either way it seems to work well so far.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back