• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

swarovision 10x50 vs other high end binos (1 Viewer)

bockos

Hi,
I want to ask is there someone that knows anything about the new Nikon 10x50 WX, and is there someone who make a comparison with swarovision 10x50?
Which is better binocular in terms of resolution, contrast, brightness and clarity?
What is the difference between them?
Is the Swarovision 10x50 the best binocular on the market now and
is there someone who make a comparison with the new zeiss sf 10x42 t* (or the new leica noctvid) and is it better than Swarovision?
I want to know which is the best bino 10x42/10x50 currently available now.
Thank and best regards!

Is the Swarovision 10x50 the best binocular on the market now and
is there someone who make a comparison with the new zeiss sf 10x42 t* (or the new leica noctvid) and is it better than Swarovision?
I want to know which is the best bino 10x42/10x50 currently available now.
Thank and best regards!

There are no best binoculars for everyone, unfortunately. All have their limitations and it also depends on your preferences and type of usage.

Leica Noctivid, Swaro SV EL and Zeiss SF are excellent binoculars but none of them are perfect IMO.

The ultimate binocular for me would be a mix of the three above:

1) flare/glare surpression and contrast of the Leica Noctivid
2) ergonomics/low weight, good CA correction and big FOV of the Zeiss SF
3) edge sharpness, resolution and color rendition of the Swaro SV

Last edited:
The ultimate binocular for me would be a mix of the three above:

1) flare/glare surpression and contrast of the Leica Noctivid
2) ergonomics/low weight, good CA correction and big FOV of the Zeiss SF
3) edge sharpness, resolution and color rendition of the Swaro SV

So true! I would just add to 2): the buttery smooth focuser(SF) of the SF.

I had fairly good skies last night so I decided to scan the stars with my 10X50 SV mounted on a unit similar to this.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jameshome/sets/72157625644043298

Handheld, views get boring in a hurry but with this setup they are truly addictive. Once I pick a target area and lock in the setting I can sit back, relax and just stare. It's amazing how much more is visible when the image is stable and the body is fully relaxed.

Thankfully, there's plenty of eye relief in the 10X50 SV, the stars are sharp edge-to-edge and the AFOV delivers a great walk-in-view.

FWIW...
Handheld, my 7X42 Ultravid is quite enjoyable on starry nights as is my wife's 8X32 SV. The real problem is physical fatigue which is completely eliminated with a good binocular mounting system.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back