• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

April 24th.S.Spain (After the Lord Mayors'Show) (1 Viewer)

tchagra

Hi fellow Ringers

Having packed up on 23rd.drove up into mountains to the ringing site at cerro de la molina,just below Casares.,and as per usual got lots of nets up in an increasing Easterly wind (Not good news).

In all we erected and furled 10 nets ready for the next morning.

When we got there on 24th.the wind was still strong but happily most of nets were in sheltered positions.As there were 4 of us all were opened before first light and I set some tape lures in motion to see if we could entice a few trans saharan migrants into the nets,but alas there was precious little about and it was a very disappointing ringing session.

At this site and another former site of mine in this area I have noted that the Spring/summer is usually poor for birds,much more productive in late Autumn and Winter.

NEW BIRDS RETRAPS

BLACKBIRD 1 0
NIGHTINGALE 1 0
BLUE TIT 1 0
GOLDFINCH 2 0
SERIN 1 0
SARDINIAN WARBLER 0 2
GREAT TIT 0 1

TOTALS 6 3

Your Spanish Correspondent

Tchagra

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back