• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Word Puzzle (2 Viewers)

Accipiter91

I was watching Wheel of Fortune and got this idea for a quiz. Each puzzle is the name of a bird. In each puzzle the vowels are already filled in. Each player guesses one letter per turn but anyone can try to guess the puzzle at any point in the game. Until I see how this game is going to work out I am only going to do North American birds. However, if I can get enough players I will do birds from abroad as well. Each puzzle is worth 2 pnts. Have fun and good luck!

Attachments

• Bird Word Puzzle 1.GIF
    Bird Word Puzzle 1.GIF
    3.1 KB · Views: 101
yep! that one was too easy! try this on for size...this time the vowels are not given! The apostrophe is given.

Points Standings
1) Progne Subis-2pnts

Attachments

• Bird Word Puzzle 2.jpg
    Bird Word Puzzle 2.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
I'll take an S, Pat.

One quick question: is the second square after the apostrophe a space, or is the name lumped together like: Swainson'sthrush?

ok one N and one S...

oh yeah btw birderbf I fixed the puzzle so you should be able to tell that there is a space after the apostrophe

Attachments

• Bird Word Puzzle.jpg
    Bird Word Puzzle.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 96
yes indeed it is a Kirtland's Warbler! Thats two points for you Neil!

Points Standings
1) Progne Subis-2 pnts
1) prairiemerlin-2 pnts

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back