• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Introducing myself! (1 Viewer)

spizaetos

Hi everybody!
Allthough a member of Birdforum since March, I found finally today time to
introduce myself.
I'm freelance nature book Illustrator living in Munich, Germany.
For everyone who wants to see samples of field work I could suggest
to visit my Blogsite:
http://dougalis-wildlifeart.blogspot.com/
Merry X-mas everybody and a peaceful , healthy 2007!

Hi spizaetos and welcome to Bird Forum from all the Staff and Moderators

I'm sure you will enjoy it here.

D

Hi there!,and welcome to birdforum.

I've just taken a look at your work on your blog,very impressive :clap:

We look forward to seeing more.

Matt

Welcome

Hi Spizaetos,
Welcome to you, (you live in a great part of Germany.)
A Merry Christmas to you and all our German friends.

Merlin

spizaetos said:
Hi everybody!
Allthough a member of Birdforum since March, I found finally today time to
introduce myself.
I'm freelance nature book Illustrator living in Munich, Germany.
For everyone who wants to see samples of field work I could suggest
to visit my Blogsite:
http://dougalis-wildlifeart.blogspot.com/
Merry X-mas everybody and a peaceful , healthy 2007!

Mourne peregrine

zek said:
Very impressive - thanks for sharing,

Zek.

Hi, Zek!
I've just noticed your peregrine picture.
Beautiful composition with an excellent lighting! :clap:

Keep up the good work!
:clap:

spizaetos said:
Τhank you all for being welcome!!
Happy holidays to all!!

Spizaetos

Absolutely magnificient Spizaetos. Did I see an example of a finished painting of yours a few years back in a Birdwatch calendar? I think it was of a Bonelli's Eagle and a Sardinian Warbler if my memory serves me correctly.

Dave

Dave B said:
Absolutely magnificient Spizaetos. Did I see an example of a finished painting of yours a few years back in a Birdwatch calendar? I think it was of a Bonelli's Eagle and a Sardinian Warbler if my memory serves me correctly.

Dave

Thank you Dave B!
Your memory serves you correctly!

I had a look at your blog - I love your work. I really like the series of blackbirds in particular. When drawing animals, people often go for the obvious - the raptors and big cats etc, I love looking at the creatures we are more familiar with (however, it doesn't always sell, so my next piece will be a lion!!!!)...

Bec64 said:
I had a look at your blog - I love your work. I really like the series of blackbirds in particular. When drawing animals, people often go for the obvious - the raptors and big cats etc, I love looking at the creatures we are more familiar with (however, it doesn't always sell, so my next piece will be a lion!!!!)...
Thanks for your kind comments Bec64!
At this point I'd like to define that all of the pictures presented on my Blogsite
are sketched directly from nature without any use of photographs.
The mammals or Birds were sketched in various Zoo's or in the wild(Blackbirds) looking through a spoting scope.
Most of my studiowork, most of them commisioned Illustrations looking just like this..
(look at Attachment)

Attachments

• Habichtsadler3.jpg
    Habichtsadler3.jpg
    561.4 KB · Views: 169
spizaetos said:
Thanks for your kind comments Bec64!
At this point I'd like to define that all of the pictures presented on my Blogsite
are sketched directly from nature without any use of photographs.
The mammals or Birds were sketched in various Zoo's or in the wild(Blackbirds) looking through a spoting scope.
Most of my studiowork, most of them commisioned Illustrations looking just like this..
(look at Attachment)

Ah - just as I remember it! Beautiful. How many hours would it take you to produce something like this?

Dave

Dave B said:
Ah - just as I remember it! Beautiful. How many hours would it take you to produce something like this?

Dave
Hi Dave,

because I'm not making notes during work, the only information I could give is
that it took me up to two weeks of intensive Brushwork to be completed.
The medium was Gouache colours.

Spizaetos

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back