• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zac Hinchcliffe's Bird Photo Quiz (1 Viewer)

Short toed lark - no

Nick
1 - No (closer though!)
2 - Yes! ( at Warton bank!)
3 - afraid not, closer to teal...not obvious though! unless you know this section of Bird anatomy!

3 is a Green winged teal, its an annoying one that! Although the difference between the rear of Green winged and Common is quite distinctive!

Stock Dove is Incorrect i'm afraid

The Good High Tides at Warton are usually Mid-week so I've never been there when 10+ Shorties pass through although in 2006 I got 3 (one flew over my head!), which was ace!

Still need the Foot!

Just for fun I'll give another clue!
If I give away the colour ill give away the last remaining bird of the family!

I'm guessing you mean the Dove family. I'm stumped. The only other dove i can think of, which the colour is significant is a White dove? (probably not, aren't they Rock doves anyway?)

That's Ok. I was beginning to think that too!
Right - Some more!

Attachments

• IMG_1039.JPG
    IMG_1039.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 68
  • No2.jpg
    No2.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 67
  • QuizPic.jpg
    QuizPic.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 67
Black-necked Grebe and Pheasant (wanted to go little grebe, but don't think I've seen them 'snorkelling' and I know I've seen black-necked do this)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back