• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Maven at the NRA Convention in Louisville (1 Viewer)

oldfortyfive

Finally got to actually see and hold a Maven. They had them all at the show. In particular I liked the 7x45 & 6x30. Really didn't see anything to dislike. It's pretty hard to make any real evaluation inside a convention center, but I've found that looking up into the dark corners of the celling areas a good test. Even the little 6x30 did well with that.

Last edited:
Maven Optics

Good of you to post, many on here are very happy with the quality of Maven.

But correct your spelling, it is "Maven".

Jerry

More observations...

1. Hawke was there with pretty much their whole line. My impressions were positive.
  2. Leica only had a small booth with a few items. I think they were depending on outfits like Euoptics to have models on hand for anyone to see. They've had big booths in the past.
  3. Zeiss had a large booth with pretty much everything but their monoculars (something I really wanted to see |:S|). I've had one of their 5x10 monoculars for years and wanted to get a larger one. Ended up ordering the little Leica 8x20)
  4. Vortex was there in full force. Spent some time there as I really like a number of their scopes and binoculars. The new Diamondbacks are ok.
  5. Bushnell, Nikon and Leupold had their binoculars there, but didn't go out of their way to promote them.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back