• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

B*****! (1 Viewer)

Jacana

Will Jones
Spain
Just had a bad scope day! First off the bolt holding the scope (Opticron Mighty Midget) to tripod sheared, then the scope falls out of my pocket a few hours later, lands on a stone and knocks the prisms? out of line rendering it useless :-C

Would it be cheaper to send it back to Opticron for repairs or for me to take it to a local shop? I'm hoping it shouldn't be too difficult to fix as none of the glass appears to be shattered.

thanks!

Is it covered on your household insurance? If it is then they will probably tell you who to use.
My bins and scope are covered on contents policy, even when out in the field. Only time they aren't covered is if left in a parked car.

I don't think so as I'm living in student accomodation. I'm looking into it, but i'm pretty sure it wouldn't be covered

My household insurance covered my son's various break-ins when he was at University, even though he wasn't living at home (during the vacations). Might be worth a try....

Jon

Jacana, contact Opticron UK, I´m sure they´d fix it for a song. I sent a Mighty Midget 2 back to them a couple of years ago, it was well beyond warranty but the focussing wheel had lost its "grip" and was turning without focussing. They fixed it for nothing. Their customer service is top-class, and they´ve deservedly received much praise here on BF. Let us know how you get on.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back