• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss Miniquick Monocular 5x10 T Covers/Caps? (1 Viewer)

Bloodstriker

I was hoping someone would be able to point me in the right direction.

I recently purchased the Miniquick thinking that the size would be perfect to keep on my person at all times. The size of the monocular is about the size of a felt marker, making it very covenient.

However, I'm surprised that there are no lens caps available. I could source some sort of a pouch to use, but that would be a tad bulky to carry everyday in my pants pocket.

I'm hoping someone has some sort of idea to where or what I can use as covers or caps for the two ends?

However, I'm surprised that there are no lens caps available. I could source some sort of a pouch to use, but that would be a tad bulky to carry everyday in my pants pocket.

The pouch is actually very nice - (real) leather, very well made. A bit bulky for the pants pocket though, that's right. I use it when I have the 5x10 in my pack.

I'm hoping someone has some sort of idea to where or what I can use as covers or caps for the two ends?

I'd simply use a bag made from thin microfiber cloth. In fact, I often use one of these bags you get for glasses for free. If you want "real" caps you'll have to sew your own. Use thin leather and connect the caps with a cord.

Hermann

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back