• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss 8x30 Deltrintem (1 Viewer)

dan194

Hello,I am new to this forum and maybe someone here can answer a question about these binocs that I picked up at an estate sale.The serial # 2399156 tells me it is from 1947.It does not have anything on it that says DDR ( East Germany) .It would seem that these were from just before Germany was divided but I am not sure.They are in very good shape except I had to repair the right eyepiece focuser.Someone had jammed it all the way out and I took it apart and got it back working.Also does anyone know if I can get or make soft eyecups for these since I wear glasses.Thanks in advance Dan

Hi Dan,
I'm impressed that you got the eye piece focuser fixed yourself. Things I'm repairing usually break. ;)

The place to get replacements for your Deltrintem eye cups is Harald Ros, who is the service link for Docter binoculars. He's a Zeiss Jena veteran who stayed on after Docter took over the Zeiss Jena binocular manufacture. The link here is from an earlier BF thread:

Geraete-Service & Montage
Harald Ros
Coburger Strasse 72
98673 Eisfeld
Germany

Tel. +49 3686 6159-28
Fax +49 3686 6159-29
[email protected]

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back