• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Another Hen Harrier gone... (1 Viewer)

rosbifs

PutAin STOP
Ukraine
https://raptorpersecutionscotland.w.../satellite-tagged-hen-harrier-holly-has-died/

Should have been called 'norfolk 'n' chance'...

We should not be suprised but I am saddened. Near us (posted elsewhere) we counted 35 Hen Harriers coming to roost in one area. That is 18x the UK breeding population in an area smaller than Hyde Park! Its hard to think but all of 'my' birds would be shot shot or poisened elsewhere.

I was flicking through latest mag 'L'oiseau' magazine (french equivalent of RSPB journal). It is interesting to read the fines section
If I've read these different offences correctly (only a sample of judgements):
650€ plus suspension of hunting licence 4 months - shooting a Sparrowhawk
2800€ disturbance of Lammergeier nest
1300€, 3 months prison, 178 hours community service for trapping of finches
850€ + confiscation of gun for shooting and hunting of a Cormorant outside of allowed period

And what does someone get in the UK? Paid for it!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back