• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Elina's Corner (1 Viewer)

Lovely Lesser White-fronts: I see "your" wild population has safely made it to Lake Kerkini this winter with biggest flock size for years (53 birds)

Very nice work on all the pieces, Elina! I like the mood you've created in the goose images, and really like the composition and movement in the kingfisher piece. Niuniu appears to be an excellent painting coach and very engaged with her pupil, yes?

2 AM and I'm...well, I have no idea how much work there still is to do. The one in flight might take "forever". I had to redo the head pattern several times before figuring out how to do it. Now, of course, I realise I should've had the area white, slowly painting in the darks, not the other way round. Oh well. Update pics and then back to painting. Whole pic and detail on the branch sitter. Who is...almost..ready...maybe.

Attachments

• kingfish3.JPG
    kingfish3.JPG
    292.4 KB · Views: 39
  • kingfish4.JPG
    kingfish4.JPG
    183.8 KB · Views: 36
finished!!! at 5 am :D

theres a mistake in the pattern on head. oh well, it's done and delivered, felt actually whistful whwn letting the fishers go, hehe.

Attachments

• king5.JPG
    king5.JPG
    307.1 KB · Views: 42
  • king6.JPG
    king6.JPG
    259.4 KB · Views: 34
  • king7.JPG
    king7.JPG
    197.6 KB · Views: 34
Thank you all! :)

Working on a little "project", decided to toss an unfinished moose here. I'm alive and drawing. Drawing a lot, actually.

Edit: Changed my mind, not just tossing a moose here. But asking advice and opinnions as well. I have a feeling that I'm only halfway happy with this crested tit and fox? It's done in color pencils. But I have a feeliing having done the "background" in color pencil has made it seem a bit stuffy and...not good. Wonder if getting rid the color first and then just putting in a watercolor wash with the slightest hing of green would be better?

And is the fox ok? Parts are ok, parts I'm not sure about. Can't decide if I should toss the pic and make a new one, letting it be or just editing it the best I can...

Attachments

• moose_bf.JPG
    moose_bf.JPG
    208.9 KB · Views: 32
  • fox_bf.JPG
    fox_bf.JPG
    189.5 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back