• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

started back painting (1 Viewer)

fox

not a bird I know :t:, tried painting fir for the first time,very happy with the way it turned out, it took me a few tries to get it right, but got there in the end, I nearly give up trying....:C

Attachments

• _DSC2813-Edit.jpg
    _DSC2813-Edit.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 167
Yes, a very beautiful fox! I yet need to try and tackle fur in a similar way. And the black bird is stunning!

Elina

I intended on putting a purple sandpiper in with this turnstone, but did'nt know where to put it ,so i left it out.....

Attachments

• _DSC3916.jpg
    _DSC3916.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 137
  • _DSC3916-1.jpg
    _DSC3916-1.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
though p sand is one of my absolute favourite birds, I think you made the right choice in leaving it out, love this composition and it's so bright, the look on the turnstone's face is so right too.

barn owl...

well I'm back, haven't been painting for a while..... well not art painting, my other half thought it would be good practice ,to paint the living room landing & stairs with a emulsion brush.:C anyway ,done this owl ... hope you like it, It was a bit tricky in places. I lost count the times i altered it, but i think i reached a happy medium now.

Attachments

• _DSC5457.jpg
    _DSC5457.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 115
  • _DSC5454-2.jpg
    _DSC5454-2.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Nice work mate, thought i would comment as the painting must only be visible to me;)

Ouch! Good catch, Collster, because I'm one of the guilty ones who looked at this, enjoyed it, and forgot to comment. I especially like the careful use of colours and the texture on the different elements in the gatepost. I'd happily see it on my wall.

Mike

Ouch! Good catch, Collster, because I'm one of the guilty ones who looked at this, enjoyed it, and forgot to comment. I especially like the careful use of colours and the texture on the different elements in the gatepost. I'd happily see it on my wall.

Mike
Correct Mike - and you certainly weren't alone in that oversight.
This really is a terrific piece Mark - there's a wonderful lightness of touch to the bird and the background works with the main subject splendidly. Very fine indeed!
Good shout Collster - all too often I look in admiration at much of what is posted in this excellent subforum and assume I have aired my thoughts, only to realise my error at a much later date.

It must be the day of penitence, going back through the forum and rediscovering works that have been admired without words. I particularly like the glowing quality of the light and the fantastic textures, the contrast of the smooth soft owl and the hard rugged wood.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back