• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eilat 1st-8th March (2 Viewers)

mäkpe

Had a pleasant week in Eilat. 166 species, 36 lifers. Some higlights for me were many Rueppel's and Cyprus Warblers, Thick-billed and Horned Larks and Yellow-headed Bunting.

First two parts of trip report in my blog;

Eilat 1st-2nd March - White-tailed Plover, Med Gull, Barbary Falcon etc.

3rd March Yotvata and Eilat - Pied Wagtail, Kittiwake, RIchard's Pipits etc.

Rest of the trip soon in my blog.

Good read Makpe, full of great memories. TB Larks are simply one of the best birds ever...and have to be the best of all larks!
Also, your second link in your first post links to the same page as the first ;)

Good read Makpe, full of great memories. TB Larks are simply one of the best birds ever...and have to be the best of all larks!
Also, your second link in your first post links to the same page as the first ;)

I loved both T-b and Temminck's Larks - such a great birds! We saw a lot more than we excepted but i still started to plan next israeli trip immediately :) Probably next April if not already next autumn.

You should check this out too, my friend Roni Väisänen is two months in IBRCE;

http://ronivaisanen.blogspot.com/

For some reason i can't edit the link in the first post, but here's a proper one;

http://himopointsaaja.blogspot.com/2012/03/33-yotvata-eilat.html

That's better!
Re the mammal - hard to tell as I can't blow it up anymore, but looks like a jackal to me.
Roni's blog is cool too....wish we'd see Sinai Rosies at Amram's Pillars!

Makpe - how do you get yr site and Eilat trip info up in English? Cannot seem to find an icon to click on and would like to read it.....

Laurie:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back