• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

settings on Nikon FSA-L1 attachment (1 Viewer)

rustygal

Hi fellow birders,

I'm writing from Bainbridge Island in Washington state, and I have a question for anyone who owns the digital attachment for any Nikon Fieldscope...in particular the FSA-L1 attachment. It is easy to use, but I need to set the dial on either A, B, C or D. That's easy, too. But the label fell off when I opened the top for the adjusting mechanism, and now I don't know where A should be, so that it can be changed to C.

So, does anyone have one that I can use as a reference. No help from the Nikon site....

It's a great fieldscope and setup for birding, especially the migratory seabirds that we have on Puget Sound right now. I use a Nikon D700 with an ISO of 3200 so that the f13 isn't an issue.

I've been borrowing an attachment lately, but received my own for a Christmas Present. The owner of the loaned one is away for several months, so can't call him for help....

thanks for reading....

rustygal
Bainbridge Island

Well you could just turn until your camera reports the proper aperture and fl. It really doesn't make much diff anyway since you can set the aperture and fl on the D700 itself unlike some of the consumer models like the D90 or D5100.

Jason, yes there is a D. You can see the settings at the bottom of this page. But as you can see, only the focal length changes between 800mm or 1000mm for all scope models while aperture remains a constant F13.

But I think rustygal is unable to determine their position since the label is missing. Strange as I recall it was embossed. Again, if she is shooting a D700 or even a D7000 the setting is not even needed since she can assign the lens aperture and focal length in the camera soft menu. It is only useful on the older and entry level Nikons dslrs.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back