• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss Conquest 8x40 T* Or Conquest Hd (1 Viewer)

Hi, could someone tell me if the Zeiss conquest 8x40 T* are a better, or should I say higher up in the range than the Conquest 8x42 HD. The reason I ask is the price, the 8x40T* being around the £850 mark and the HD,'s going for around £670.Which are the better binocular?

Hi, could someone tell me if the Zeiss conquest 8x40 T* are a better, or should I say higher up in the range than the Conquest 8x42 HD. The reason I ask is the price, the 8x40T* being around the £850 mark and the HD,'s going for around £670.Which are the better binocular?

Down here the price of the T* was 1.099,00 and the current price of the HD is 1.010,00 euro.
Considering the lighttransmission of the T% is 80 and 83% against 87 and 90% of the HD at 500 and 550nm, my choice would not be so difficult.

Jan

The reason I ask is because Amazon and E bay are selling the 8x40 T for a lot more than the HD model.Does anyone know if the 8x40 T is a new model.Also if anyone who has a pair,could they let me know their opinons on them

Looks like the Zeiss Conquest 8x40 T* is being phased out, not many have them in stock and Zeiss UK don't list them on their website anymore. Can be found on the web £599 Viking Optical and Harpers Photo £699.
I see you are in Kent, which part? If you want to try the 8x42 Conquest HD you are welcome to meet up sometime and try mine out, I know how difficult it is to find stockists in this area.

Les

Conquest 8x40 is an old school. Optically Conquest HD is better especially CA control.

But, CameralandNY's promotion price of US$500 is a good deal for a new Conquest 8x40. I rather spend some more for a demo Conquest HD though.

Andy

I always fancied a 12x45 Conquest if it had a wider field of view.

I hope Conquest HD 12 x45 will be available sometime.

But not many wide field 12x45 are made.

I also would like more 6x24s.

BaldBuzzard I had an 8x40 conquest for a year or two, it uses abbe koenig prisms like the FL and HT rather than the SP found in the HD line, quite a good binocular but plagued by excessive CA, also the fov is low by current standards, and a rather notchy focusser on some individuals.

The new HD is considerably better IMHO.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back