• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Avon new members (1 Viewer)

Gill and I live in avon

Have more feeding stations than is good for us but the robins, dunnocks, tits, and assorted finches seem to enjoy it. So do the sparrowhawks and buzzards not to mention the owls and woodpeckers.

We've got ancient woodland not 300m across the cow fields

Gill is the birder, I'm more your batty type

Our achievement this year was a live otter in somerset! Mind you we were testing my new bat detector at the time...............

Hi David and Gill and a warm welcome to the two of you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

Hi, David and Gill! Another warm welcome to you from BirdForum!

I almost got some bat boxes this past year to put in the trees on our property, but just never got around to doing it. I love them, too, but they're sure hard to see and ID, flitting around in the worst light. ;)

Hi Katy,

get a dog! Our Labrador can hear bats and goes potty running up and down the garden as they fly overhead feeding.

Cheers

David and Gill

Katy Penland said:
Hi, David and Gill! Another warm welcome to you from BirdForum!

I almost got some bat boxes this past year to put in the trees on our property, but just never got around to doing it. I love them, too, but they're sure hard to see and ID, flitting around in the worst light. ;)

Help, I am at work and my mom just found a bird in the road and brought it to me. I am not sure what kind it is. It is about the size of a pigeon but all black with red eyes and has no tail feathers, and funny webbed feet.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back