• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Black Bulbul (1 Viewer)

tcom

I have a pair of black bulbul (Hypsipetes leucocephalus).

Photo taken on March 2nd in Anuradhapura Sri Lanka.

Attachments

• IMGP1904.jpg
    IMGP1904.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 260
godwit said:
I'm afraid they are actually Yellow-billed Babblers.

Dave

Dave,
Don't be afraid! You're absolutely right. I hadn't really looked at the photo. The Hypsipetes would have the black iris, orange to reddish beak, slightly forked tail, overall blackish, crest not always evident. Here we have the evident pale (light aquamarine iris), the bill is thicker at the base and shorter than Hypsipetes and yellow, the roundish and longish tail. OK. Let's try it again. Turdoides affinis taprobanus. Good eyes Dave!

:clap:

Dominique,
I have already inserted it into the database with the correct ID. If you also have it in your gallery you might want to modify the didascalia regarding the common name and the latin name

Thank you

Thank you very much to all of you for correcting me. I thought these were black bulbuls. I have corrected it on my Webpage also.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back