• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

feed the birds at your peril (1 Viewer)

Woody

From Sky news online:

"PIGEON FEEDING FINES,
Feeding the pigeons in Trafalgar Square is now punishable by a fine of up to £50.
London mayor Ken Livingstone has been trying to get rid of the birds, which he calls "rats with wings".

The new by-law makes it illegal to throw food to the birds.

It follows the banning of bird food sellers from the square in 2001.

A sign in the square now reads: "Do not feed the pigeons. They cause nuisance and damage the square."

The measures are estimated to have reduced the pigeon population from 4,000 to 200.
The move coincides with a major restoration of the popular tourist attraction which is now closed to traffic on its northern side."

I also notice that there has been a guy with a Harris' hawk wandering around the square recently.

Woody

Hey Woody when do you find the time to paint, I seem to see you on this site pretty regular!! Or is the Harris Hawk next in line.

Hi Bob,

I sold my soul to the devil many years ago and took a job in advertising. The only real advantage is that when it's quiet (which seems to be almost all the time these days) I can be here on BF.

I paint at work in the mornings from around 7.30 to 10 and weekends and sometimes in my lunch hour.
I've painted plenty of Harris hawks and have more in the pipeline!

Woody

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back