• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Another 4 from Extremadura (1 Viewer)

JimMorris

A few more from Spain. The Rollers were the main purpose of us going to Spain. I finally caught up with this pair just past a village named Torreorgaz where they have put nest boxes up for them on electricity poles. As the area is lacking in cover I finished up laying in some long grass for around 3 hours. Uncoftable but worth every mossy bite that I recieved.

The Sardinian Warbler and the Whitethroat were both easy to get as they are quite common.

The last one is a Woodlark. I have been to Cannock Chase a few times to try for this bird but never succeeded. We spotted a beautiful male Rock Thrush while driving so that called for an emergency stop only for the Thrush to fly off and the Woodlark to land right alongside the camper and pose for the camera. How lucky am I. Never did see the Thrush again. Never mind I'll get it next timeHappy birding.
Jim.

Attachments

• Rollers printed_resize.jpg
    Rollers printed_resize.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Sardinian Warbler printed_resize.JPG
    Sardinian Warbler printed_resize.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 26
  • Whitethroat printed_resize.jpg
    Whitethroat printed_resize.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Woodlark printed_resize.jpg
    Woodlark printed_resize.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 30
Hi Jim.
I haven't commented on your other posts, but decided to leave alone until you'd finished.
I have to say that they are fantastic pics. If I had to pick one out of the brilliant bunch it would to be amazing pic of the Cuckoo in flight. Congratulations. Thanks for giving us sight of them. They are a delight to the eye.

Baz.

Your photos are outstanding, Jim. I hope you are putting them in the Gallery as they are so very good. The Rollers are breathtaking, but all of them are excellent.

Hi Jim,

Well up to your usual great standard. Ah, those Rollers! Twice I've dipped one in the UK, a Spring one in the New Forest and an Autumn one in Norfolk.

That Woodlark shows that the luck can run both ways. Jammy blighter.

Bill

hi Jim

Another fabulous report.

I love the Warblers pictures a whole lot. You are right in what ou say and they are common - though not the easiest to see while they play hide and seek in the bushes.

Thank you for sharing.

Regards
Kathy
x

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back