• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help Blue tit in cavity wall (1 Viewer)

Mam123

Please help,
I found a baby blue tit trapped in my cavity wall yesterday. I took my kitchen window surround out and managed to free it. I have since kept him in my bedroom in a shoe box with a hot watter bottle, he can hop out and fly when ever he wants. I started him off with cat food. I took him to work with me today as he needs fed alot. I bought insect patee today, he seems to like it. I am pleased he is calling for food and feeding very well (every half hour). I cant find a nest in my loft or my garden so no idea where the wee sole has came from. I am not sure if i am doing the right thing by him. He can fly a little and is not hurt in any way. I have done some internet searching in how and when to release him, everyone has different ideas so i am asking for help as i dont want to release him too early. I am trying not to handle him too much but he loves to snuggle. I will post a photo of him tomorrow. You can let me know what age he might be. Any further advice would be very greatfull.
Thanks, Michelle.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back