• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Photo request (1 Viewer)

sicklebill

well-known Cretaceous relic
Australia
We are in the final stages of the long-gestating Birds of Paradise and Bowerbirds family title in the Helm series, and are still in need of good shots- or even passable shots!- of the following:
Bowerbirds
All of the White-eared Catbird group
All of the Spotted/Black-eared Catbird group in New Guinea
Yellow-fronted Bowerbird
Huon Bowerbird
Streaked Bowerbird
Black-faced Bowerbird
Flame Bowerbird
Yellow-breasted Bowerbird

Birds of Paradise- ideally both sexes if feasible
Jobi Manucode
Curl-crested Manucode
Crinkle-collared Manucode

Long-tailed Paradigalla
Short-tailed Paradigalla

Arfak Superb (formerly nominate....)
Rasping BoP (horrid name) Lophorina (s.) minor

Arfak Astrapia
Splendid Astrapia

All the Parotias including Bronze and Eastern

Black Sicklebill

Buff-tailed Sicklebill
Pale-billed Sicklebill

King BoP
Mag BoP
Wilson's BoP

Goldie's BoP
We can pay a small fee but the budget is limited, so any offers would be gratefully received

Phil Gregory info@s2travel. com.au

We are in the final stages of the long-gestating Birds of Paradise and Bowerbirds family title in the Helm series, and are still in need of good shots- or even passable shots!- of the following:

Phil Gregory info@s2travel. com.au

Phil,
I've see a fair few images of BoP on Facebook - it might be worth trying to source these, either individually or as an appeal (If you haven't already done that!)
MJB

Yes thanks, I have incorporated the information into my species account for Superb BoP, my problem is I am totally unconvinced by the shifting of the nominate so the Arfak one becomes a new species but not with superba as the scientific name! I suppose I'll have to go with it as published, so we get Arfak Bird of Paradise L. niedda, Curl-caped Bird of Paradise L. superba and Rasping Bird of Paradise L. minor Note I have abolished those hideous hyphens in bird-of-paradise and reverted to Bird of Paradise, as this was long the accepted name, I am not sure why it was changed!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back