• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

MM2 eyepiece for glasses wearers (1 Viewer)

Pete Mella

Getting there...
I've got a MM2 with the standard zoom lens it came with, the problem being I have to remove my glasses when I use it as the eye relief is too small. As my eyesight has deteriorated since buying the scope, this is becoming less convenient for me.

When I finally get round to upgrading the eyepiece, is there a particular one that's best for glasses wearers? I'd probably be looking at a fixed magnification one rather than a zoom.

I've got a MM2 with the standard zoom lens it came with, the problem being I have to remove my glasses when I use it as the eye relief is too small. As my eyesight has deteriorated since buying the scope, this is becoming less convenient for me.

When I finally get round to upgrading the eyepiece, is there a particular one that's best for glasses wearers? I'd probably be looking at a fixed magnification one rather than a zoom.

Well I'd guess its got to be one of the HDF lenses!.
Not tries any of the currnt models on my MM2, only the older ( roll down eyecup ) 18X , at least I think it is, on my MM2. ) I think its 32x on my ES80GA ED. Tend to stick with the old HDF zoom which is 20mm at X20 on my ES80

Opticron now have a new 'standard' zoom that is available. It is sharper, with better resolution and the eye relief is longer for spectacle wearers. It has a zoom range of 13-39x mag so also benefits from a wider field of view. The code number on the Opticron website is 40909

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back