• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What the heck ??? (1 Viewer)

Musoman

PETE - Nikon/Sony Shooter
United Kingdom
User error or lens problem ?

These photos are pretty awful. I shot about 40 frames ( some were single frame, some were a burst but it made no difference) of the Partridge and Heron, and all 40 came out like those below. Both subjects were frozen at the time of shots, no movement.

Nikon D610 , Tamron 150-600 , Spot Focus centre , all taken on tripod, VC off , good light , so getting around 1/1000th , F8, ISO 800. Varied FL between 500 and 600. Should i have been using faster SS ?

Distance to Partridge around 35-40ft

Distance to Heron around 180ft

No PP at all - just 100% crops and converted from RAW to JPG in CS 5.5

EXIFS intact at time of upload

Attachments

• HERON1.jpg
    HERON1.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 265
  • HERON2.jpg
    HERON2.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 182
  • HERON3.jpg
    HERON3.jpg
    274.4 KB · Views: 234
  • RLP 1.jpg
    RLP 1.jpg
    351.9 KB · Views: 248
  • RLP2.jpg
    RLP2.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Very good Cango :)

I was kind of forced to go lighter weight due to worsening arthritis, so chucked the 3.5kg scopes for a 1.6kg Tamron. I suppose i could have bought a small scope, but i couldnt live with less than 600mm. I guess i have been spoilt with the reach of scopes :)

The problem with the above photos was due to the clear protection filter !

Very good Cango :)

I was kind of forced to go lighter weight due to worsening arthritis, so chucked the 3.5kg scopes for a 1.6kg Tamron. I suppose i could have bought a small scope, but i couldnt live with less than 600mm. I guess i have been spoilt with the reach of scopes :)

The problem with the above photos was due to the clear protection filter !

Glad you solved it!

Once I had some camo net over the front lens of the Celestron, and I could'nt figure it out why I saw so blurry (I wear glasses as well) but eventually... I realised ;-)

Oh man - that was rediculous ! ;)

Yeah i wear glasses for reading, but i never know whether to set up the camera body diopter for glasses or no glasses

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back