• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Win 10 Update Problem (1 Viewer)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Before the latest Windows Update, downloading my pictures from the card was quite simple. I just had to click on Import and then decide whether I wanted to sort them by day or month and they'd be put into a new folder in the Windows Pictures Folder.

Now, I get a box up asking me to select the device, with no list of devices to choose from, just Try Again or Cancel.

In order to get at my images, I have to open the drive where the card is. I create a new folder in the Pictures folder and copy/paste the new ones into it.

Am I missing something - it's driving me bats.

Check your Memory Card settings.

On the bottom Task Bar, click on the Windows icon on the left.
Click on Settings (icon above the power button).
Click on Devices.
Click on AutoPlay.

Choose an AutoPlay Default action for the Memory Card, in your case I suspect you're looking for 'Import photos and videos'.

Hope this helps.

Oooh!! OK thanks SanAngelo, I've done that.

I'll let you know if it works the next time I've pictures to upload.

I wonder why it knocked the setting off with the update? I'd no idea what to look for, or where.

Thanks again Bill. I uploaded some more images today and your fix worked a treat!!

When I get a chance, I really must have a good read of your post in my PayPal thread. Thanks for all the hard work you put into that. Life just getting a bit busy just now.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back