• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ring Plover Chicks (1 Viewer)

Henry B

This after-noon at Kingston on Spey. Three of the brood of four. The parents are very feisty ,chasing anything that comes on to their patch.

Attachments

• IMG_4007 (Large).jpg
    IMG_4007 (Large).jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_4019 (Large).jpg
    IMG_4019 (Large).jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 92
Update

Getting bigger,just like mum.:hi:

Attachments

• IMG_4714 (Small).JPG
    IMG_4714 (Small).JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_4717 (Small).JPG
    IMG_4717 (Small).JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 143
i was lucky enough today to see 4 little ringed plover chicks which were just 1 day old! i have been visiting very regulary over the past few days and today they were exploring their new world, very sweet!

Luke, I,m keeping my feathers crossed ,I could only locate one chick and both adults to-day, but it,s not unusual not to find them they fit into the surroundings very well, I,check again to-morrow.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back