• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Finches (1 Viewer)

Kits

Picture Picker
I was able to get the male and female bullfinch this morning, but the second male is eluding me atm. I was very excited yesterday to see three GSW on the feeders, but of course they flew off when I fetched the camera. Oh, and a chaffinch as well.

Attachments

• Mr and Mrs Bullfinch.jpg
    Mr and Mrs Bullfinch.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 31
  • Mr and Mrs Bullfinch 2.jpg
    Mr and Mrs Bullfinch 2.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 30
  • Mr Bullfinch and Chaffinch.jpg
    Mr Bullfinch and Chaffinch.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
You're lucky getting bullfinches on the feeders Kits. I haven't seen one round here for a long time.

I often see chaffinches but they only pick up fallen seed. I've never seen one on the feeders.

Lucky you Kits with the Bullfinches on feeders. My chaffies do a lot of clearing up, but they are getting pretty adept at perching on the lantern style feeder, but are wary of the others.

Lovely photos Kits...lucky you with such a nice selection of birds!:clap: Oh and the Damselfly of course!o:)

Hi Kits,

You've had quite a day; I can't recall the last time that I had a female Bullfinch in the garden, all I seem to get is the odd male and that not very often.

Well done with the GSWs (plural); the one of the ground is a juvenile (red top to head), the one on the tree is an adult female (no red on head or nape).

Bill.

Lovely selection of birds Kit. I'm afraid I'm into the usual dull season in the Garden now, colourwise that is, as all I'm seeing now are the Sparrows and Starlings, en masse.

Hi Kits.
You'll be selling tickets to view next. Bulfinches and GSW's,+ Damsels, a proper little nature reserve you're building up. Jealous! Me! Nah!

All the best.
Baz.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back