• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Through the Study Window (1 Viewer)

Kits

Picture Picker
The blue tits, great tits, coal tits and chaffinches are going mad in the front garden, especially on the silver birch and the russian vine. I was so pleased to spot three long tailed tits zipping around, and even more pleased to get a couple of pics. Suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, I spotted a treecreeper going up the trunk of the silver birch. Apologies for the not very good pic, but I just managed to get it before it flew off.

Attachments

• LTT1.jpg
    LTT1.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 23
  • LTT2.jpg
    LTT2.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 28
  • TC.jpg
    TC.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 32
Wow! a Treecreeper in the garden is a lovely treat Kits.
The LTT's visited me today as well, I love the way they suddenly descend on the garden, flutter & chatter then take off again!
Thanks for sharing your garden visitors Kits :t:

I wish that the little fluff balls would visit me more often. They are along the lane just down from us, but I only get an occasional visit in the depths of winter. One of my favourite birds.

Lucky you with the treecreeper, Kits. No chance of one of those in my garden I fear!

Thanks Mabes, Sue and Wendy. Later in the afternoon a juvenile GSW was on the branches too, but the blooming leaves got in the way and every shot I took was worthless!

Oh! Kits, clever you, to get a photo of Long Tailed Tits. They are so quick, I have never managed to yet. You must have had bags of patience too. We do get them here but a pic, not so far, sadly.

Hi Kits

Lovely pictures of the Long Tailed tits - pink powder puffs. Great to see your Tree Creeper too. You are so lucky to have a Tree creeper in your garden. Great birds to have in your garden anyday. :-O

I was walking a few weeks ago and saw a Tree Creeper close to me, scuttling up a Tree Trunk - wish I had my camera but not to be. They really move fast. ;)

Kathy
x

I was just adding up the birds I have listed on my patch i.e. where I can easily walk to from my home, yesterday Kits. One bird I realise I don't have on it, is Treecreeper, let alone have one visit my garden. I'm sure they must frequent some of the more wooded parts I visit, or the gardens, as I have often seen Nuthatches on my walks. I must keep an eye open for them. They really are wonderful birds.

Interestingly, I've had a treecreeper feeding on the ground underneath the bird feeders! We used to have two of them, but only see one now. Currently 4+ nuthatches as well as lots of marsh tits and other woodland birds, as well as the usual dozen or so kites sitting in the trees!

Thanks Val, Dave, Kathy, Brian and Helen! We get treecreepers every so often, but I wouldn't say they are regular visitors. Helen - wow, how wonderful to have so many kites in your garden. There is a pair near hear which we see overhead. Lovely birds.

how wonderful to have so many kites in your garden. There is a pair near hear which we see overhead. Lovely birds.

I can assure you, you wouldn't be saying that if you saw the state of my car! It used to be blue - it's now white! :eek!:

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back