• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Red Kite Artwork (1 Viewer)

Mouldy

skywatcher, dragonhunter
Living in the Derwent Valley near Gateshead I have been inspired by the re-introduction of the Red Kites taking place on my doorstep so to speak and have made many paintings on the subject, mainly of Kites soaring in the sky as I love the sense of freedom they radiate.

I've exhibited locally and sold a few originals and prints, have attached a few .jpgs for perusal.

Any wildlife artists out there know of a good on-line gallery specializing in wildlife based art for the less well known artist? please let me know if you do.

Cheers :flyaway:

Attachments

• Red Kite Perched II.jpg
    Red Kite Perched II.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 416
  • Liberty.jpg
    Liberty.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 371
  • High as a Kite.jpg
    High as a Kite.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 479
  • Freedom of the Skies.jpg
    Freedom of the Skies.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 544
Hindolbittern said:
That's an interesting link. I may well register to join. Can't do any harm...

Thanks

HB
Certainly won't do any harm. I registered a long while ago but I have no way of tracking how people find my website so I can't say how much good it's done me.

Woody

level seven said:
Very nice Mouldy. Is it your work on display at the Thornley Woods visitors centre?

Yip that's me, so my fame has reached as far as Newcastle, well it's a start!! |=)|

Cheers Graham

Last edited:
Love your pictures of one of my favourite birds- do you paint them from photos that you have previously taken?. Id set up my own website with them on if i were you.

Absolutely beautiful paintings, Mouldy, great color aswell! I really like them. The first and third ones are my favorites. I hope to see more of your work here.

You've really got something going with these. love the looseness, but still with an eye for detail.
Excellent!

Best
Elizabeth

lizzy said:
Love your pictures of one of my favourite birds- do you paint them from photos that you have previously taken?. Id set up my own website with them on if i were you.

Hi Lizzy,
thanks for your comments.
I worked from magazine photos while developing my technique (naughty I know) but now get supplied by a local wildlife photographer who takes excellent pics, but painting without much feather definition I find I can manipulate into the compositions required without much problem.

I'm looking at setting up my own website at the mo, so will provide a link when I'm able. Watch this space.

Progne Subis said:
Absolutely beautiful paintings, Mouldy, great color aswell! I really like them. The first and third ones are my favorites. I hope to see more of your work here.

Thanks Tayler,
Don't know if you get Red Kite over there but I love these birds, and their colours really are magnificent. Watching them soaring around locally on a sunny day has proved to be my great inspiration.

Hopefully have a website shortly so will provide a link to see more of my pics.

birdpotter said:
You've really got something going with these. love the looseness, but still with an eye for detail.
Excellent!

Best
Elizabeth

Thanks Elizabeth,
I worked on the technique for a while before I got the style I wanted, like you say loose but detailed enough. I see many paintings of flying birds with every feather shown, that's not how the eye sees them and makes them appear static. I watch birds a lot, especially the local Red Kites, so I knew in my mind what I wanted to achieve to give them a bit of life.

salty said:
superb art matey, of my local birds too!

they would make an exellent tattoo, hmmmm.....

Cheers Salty, .........dunno about the tattoo though, though I did once meet a bloke with rabbits tattooed all over his bald head, he reckoned from a distance they looked like hares......................... :D

Not just Kites!

Hello folks, remember me?

have got some work on-line now if you want to take a look (and don't be shy if you want a good value Christmas present for someone) enough sales pitch, the link is:

www.paintimpressions.com/alanmould

Comments and critique most welcome.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back