• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello and Lesser Grey Shrike (1 Viewer)

crabstix

Hi

Not sure how to go about this, but joined the forum yesterday trying to find information about how to share sightings etc.

The reason...

Well, a couple of weeks ago I was lucky to spot and photograph a Glossy Ibis near Fluke Hall in Pilling, Lancashire. However, I was aware that this was news as twitchers had approached me a week earlier asking if I had seen it.

This week though, following a mornings piking on the Lancaster canal, on the way home after a pint of Amstel Gold in The Mill Inn at Glasson Dock, Lancashire, I spotted a Lesser Grey Shrike sat on a fence post directly opposite the drive to the Inn. Given the species, I think it might be rare but do not know where to report it. Any advice gratefully received.

p.s. picture of the Ibis available to those who would like to see it

Hi crabstix,
On behalf of the staff, welcome to the Birdform. As to reporting birds in your area, there was a recent post on this subject. I'll do a search and get back. In the meantime, possibly some members in your area can give some specific advice.

edit: Here's a link to the Reporting Rare Birds thread.

Hi Crabstix and welcome to Bird Forum, I'm sure you will enjoy it here.

You might also like to post your sightings on the Rare Bird Information forum - scroll down the front page a bit to the Birding World Wide section

D

Hello fella.

Saw the Ibis when it popped over the estuary to Marshside ... pics on here somewhere.

The Shrike is a good shout: what you should do is inmmediately notify me, and no-one else! :bounce:

But seriously, better advice above ... call it into Birdline, or any of the others, and let this fella know!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back