• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

CL Africa Edition (1 Viewer)

They are pretty, but you're paying a premium of +/- $250 over the price of the 'standard' CLs--$1249 for the Africa 8x30 & $1299 for the Africa 10x30 (based on pre-anniversary sale US prices). Beautiful case, leather strap, but the real value is in the certificate signed by the Chairwoman of Swarovski, Carina Schiestl-Swarovski!

I asked (pretty much already knowing the answer) if they might be selling the bags separately and got a "no" answer.
Ordered a 10x, and if it doesn't sell through by Christmas, the little voice in my head might convince me it was meant to come home with me. (I don't own one 10x bino, another little voice in my head justification.)

You can get a very nice waxed canvas field bag(they call it a mini-haversack) from Duluth Pack for the Sand color Swarovski CL Companion you already own for $110.00 and it will hold other useful items you might want to take with you on a Safari, like a guide book, a water bottle and such. Click on the 2nd bag in the link below:

Swarovski's anniversary sale is over today so order a regular Sand colored CL Companion "Traveler" binocular and order one of these field bags and save big money!:king:

Swarovski calls their tan colored 8x32s "Travelers." Why can't Sand colored CL Companions be Travelers too?

http://duluthpack.com/school-campus/handbags-purses/mini-haversack.html

See the sand colored 8x30 CL Companion below:

http://www.eagleoptics.com/binoculars/swarovski/swarovski-cl-companion-8x30-binocular-sand

Bob

Last edited:
You can get a very nice waxed canvas field bag(they call it a mini-haversack) from Duluth Pack for the Sand color Swarovski CL Companion you already own for $110.00 and it will hold other useful items you might want to take with you on a Safari, like a guide book, a water bottle and such. Click on the 2nd bag in the link below:

Swarovski's anniversary sale is over today so order a regular Sand colored CL Companion "Traveler" binocular and order one of these field bags and save big money!:king:

Swarovski calls their tan colored 8x32s "Travelers." Why can't Sand colored CL Companions be Travelers too?

http://duluthpack.com/school-campus/handbags-purses/mini-haversack.html

See the sand colored 8x30 CL Companion below:

http://www.eagleoptics.com/binoculars/swarovski/swarovski-cl-companion-8x30-binocular-sand

Bob

Bob,

You rather seem sceptical about the bag and you have every right, but you can not compare a brand like Dubarry, Billingham en this CL bag,made for Swarovski, with a Duluthbag.

This is an unique pair of binocular with bronze colored eye-cups and the right color brown armoring.

We ordered several and are already sold out before they even hit the market!!

I would have loved to see this one in a SV 32 configuration in stead of the CL.

Jan

I asked (pretty much already knowing the answer) if they might be selling the bags separately and got a "no" answer.
Ordered a 10x, and if it doesn't sell through by Christmas, the little voice in my head might convince me it was meant to come home with me. (I don't own one 10x bino, another little voice in my head justification.)

Gordon: It sounds like you already bought it! An early Xmas present to yourself!

Bob,

You rather seem sceptical about the bag and you have every right, but you can not compare a brand like Dubarry, Billingham en this CL bag,made for Swarovski, with a Duluthbag.

This is an unique pair of binocular with bronze colored eye-cups and the right color brown armoring.

Jan[/QUOTE

Jan,

Who says I can't compare them? Waxed cotton is waxed cotton no matter who makes it into a bag.

I would be more impressed with Swarovski if they had supplied the new "Africa" model with a high quality, light weight, genuine leather binocular case something like those lightweight, zippered, high class binocular cases Leica supplied with their early BN models. Now they were real class! I still have the one that came with my 7x42 BN and I keep it in prime shape with a good leather preservative.

Duluth has been making varieties of quality shooters bags, ammo bags, shell bags, knapsacks, briefcases, handbags, and purses out of high quality cloth and leather for many years.

Bob

Yeah, but thay aint Swarocanvas and Swarowax. Have you by chance priced a Swaro HIP FLASK? Sheesh, that would buy a lot of Jim Beam.

Ron

Gordon-

YOU OWN THE STORE! Just "pencil-whip" it... :t:

SURELY it's that simple!

David

Bob,

Jan[/QUOTE

Jan,

Who says I can't compare them? Waxed cotton is waxed cotton no matter who makes it into a bag.

I would be more impressed with Swarovski if they had supplied the new "Africa" model with a high quality, light weight, genuine leather binocular case something like those lightweight, zippered, high class binocular cases Leica supplied with their early BN models. Now they were real class! I still have the one that came with my 7x42 BN and I keep it in prime shape with a good leather preservative.

Duluth has been making varieties of quality shooters bags, ammo bags, shell bags, knapsacks, briefcases, handbags, and purses out of high quality cloth and leather for many years.

Bob

Bob,

Stating that waxed cotton is waxed cotton is like stating a binocular is a binocular made by no matter who makes it.
We sell Billingham waxed cotton bags between 300,00 and 600,00 euro's, but for you it's just a waxed cotton bag like every other waxed cotton bag, isn't it;).

Jan

Bob,

Stating that waxed cotton is waxed cotton is like stating a binocular is a binocular made by no matter who makes it.
We sell Billingham waxed cotton bags between 300,00 and 600,00 euro's, but for you it's just a waxed cotton bag like every other waxed cotton bag, isn't it;).

Jan

Not quite so, Jan!

I do not go around asking people "What kind of waxed bag is that?" Although I have asked people about their binocular on occasion!;)

Bob

Yeah, but thay aint Swarocanvas and Swarowax. Have you by chance priced a Swaro HIP FLASK? Sheesh, that would buy a lot of Jim Beam.

Ron

Ron,

I never got their HIP FLASK but I did purchase their Swiss Army Knife as a collectible before they discontinued it. I don't carry it around. It has the Swarovski Emblem on it and looks neat but it clearly isn't as rugged as an original that I owned which my wife now carries around.

Bob

I like that color! If "Traveler" tan had been that luscious brown, both my 25mm and my 32mm would be wearing it right now.

The bag not so much. Too frou-frou for me. And the Duluth? Looks a bit like a Dooney & Bourke wannabee. In my neck of the woods, carrying that could get you in trouble.

David,
Well, yes, but the hard part is getting Swarovski Optik North America to accept "pencil-whip" payment on their end.

I like that color! If "Traveler" tan had been that luscious brown, both my 25mm and my 32mm would be wearing it right now.

The bag not so much. Too frou-frou for me. And the Duluth? Looks a bit like a Dooney & Bourke wannabee. In my neck of the woods, carrying that could get you in trouble.

Typical Dooney and Bourke bags shown here:

http://www.zappos.com/dooney-bourke

But your students in the sororities will probably like them! The rednecks hired to mow the lawns there might approve of them as fine accoutrements for the young ladies.

Typical Dooney and Bourke bags shown here:

http://www.zappos.com/dooney-bourke

But your students in the sororities will probably like them! The rednecks hired to mow the lawns there might approve of them as fine accoutrements for the young ladies.

Not sure what the sorority girls are into this year. Vera Bradley maybe? Which looks like...well, you can google it. If puke were paisley.

Oh, and the grounds crew ain't looking at the "accoutrements," of that I am sure.

Anyway, ahem, ahem,
Mark

10x30 CL Africa

Proudpapa: Did you get your 10x30 CL Africa binos in yet? Give us a report! Can you also get the 8x30 or is that special order only?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back