• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A good day for?????????? (1 Viewer)

Pedro vanman

Smart Alec exile from Kent
Buzzards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi all
In my perambulations from Surrey to Crosskeys and Ebbw vale(south Wales), then Wrexham (N Wales), onto Milton Keynes and back to Camberley today I have spotted no less than 23 Buzzards (not a welsh red kite to be seen sob sob).The first was seen being mobbed by crows at 0845 this morning, the last at 1740 as it got dark.My question is this, Do Buzzards always roost in the same place or do they (when not breeding) find the nearest suitable roost site?
Happy birding
Peter B :) 3:)

Sorry don't know Pedro, is my answer.

But this bets my count of 7 in on day.

Must try harder or not drive as much as you do. lol

I found two, one on each roundabout, at Chippenham. One was facing the road and the other was facing into the feild beyond.

The one facing my way had a loverly white v shape on his chest near his neck.

I saw one also the same day sat on a wall near Westonbirt Arboretum and I know they nest in there.

I saw one sat on a large stone and the others in trees or flying past.

As one did, one day, had a near miss on the way down to Bath in the car. Scared the driver to death almost - by brother in law as he was the driver.

I see a few on my way to my nearest shopping town. They always seem to be in the same place almost. I know where to look out for them if they are around.

So may be they do stay in the same place.

Vicky@glos

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back