• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Great birding day in Zeeland (1 Viewer)

Leo Tukker

Netherlands
Last Sunday I went birding in Zeeland and had a great day. I started at the Brouwersdam, because I wanted to see the Great Northern Diver that was seen there the last few days. This is a lifer for me. I also visited the Koudekersche Inlaag near Burghsluis and the harbor of Stellendam.

I saw Red-throated Diver, Black-throated Diver, Great Northern Diver, Great-crested Grebe, Red-necked Grebe, Slavonian Grebe, Great Cormorant, Great White Egret, Grey Heron, Mute Swan, Greylag Goose, Canada Goose, Brent Goose, Barnacle Goose, Common Shelduck, Eurasian Wigeon, Mallard, Gadwall, Northern Shoveler, Common Teal, Tufted Duck, Greater Scaup, Long-tailed Duck, Common Scoter, Common Goldeneye, Red-breasted Merganser, Common Buzzard, Common Kestrel, Common Coot, Oystercatcher, Avocet, Grey Plover, Northern Lapwing, Turnstone, Dunlin, Eurasian Curlew, Common Redshank, Black-headed Gull, Common Gull, Herring Gull, Great Black-backed Gull, Common Murre, Wood Pigeon, Magpie and Carrion Crow. Besides all the birds there were also a few Grey Seals.

Glad to see you got your target bird, Leo. Sounds like a really nice day.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back