• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Now, don't think I'm weird.... (1 Viewer)

prairiemerlin

registered guy
This year and last year I've started my yearlist on September 17th. I'm doing this as a sort of "practice" for a serious year list starting on January 1st. Since September 17th 2003 I've tallyied about 135 species. Last "year" I saw 200 species exactly. The year list is almost as fun as my life list!

You can start your year list any ol' day you want to, Creeper! It's YOUR list after all.

And I think 135 species since 9/17 is pretty impressive! What part of Michigan are you in? Did you get any cool winter owls, like Snowys?

BC,
If you have your list by date, why not join us now on the "How's your 2004 list going" thread? You can use what you already have from Jan 1, 2004 and keep it up through year end.There are lots of us that have decided that a year list is a lot of fun and an encouragement to get out and bird more.

I'm in the southern LP, so I don't get any of those cool winter owls. One of these winters I'll get up to the UP.

Dave - I could probably find out how many species I've seen since Jan. 1st. I'll try to figure that out.

You're not all that far from me, then, Creeper . . . and don't discount those cool winter owls! The wastewater treatment plant in Muskegon has hosted a Snowy on several occasions! I've tried to get up there myself (Muskegon is about 4 hours from here), but my last try was thwarted by a snowstorm.

We've even had them occasionally here, in northeastern Indiana . . . not that I've ever seen one . . . :( I'll keep trying, though!

And, about 3 years ago, a Snowy spent a good part of January and February down aroun Lebanon, Ohio -- down toward Cincinnati and very well documented. Missed that one, too!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back