• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Male Eurasian Sparrowhawk hanting House Sparrows (1 Viewer)

dirding trekking

LUIS SITGES
Hi everybody s again. This time I am going to describe an echo in my long life as an ornithologist I have been lucky enough to see. This observation of an attack by a male Sparrowhawk Common Sparrows came about in the river Jarama in Madrid.

Every morning that I can walk with my dog ​​(my daughter's good Pati) to different parts of the Community of Madrid and have an ornithological interest for the ride, first thing in the morning, it more bearable. Chaperone led to the aforementioned dog, a pitbull named Mickey and we have adopted 4 years ago, and my camera. Winter temperatures better or remember them.

Well what we, at the mall last Thursday by the said place and frost cracking with trying to keep body temperature at a good pace going when suddenly I see a flock of sparrows flying headlong in every direction. I take the hands from his pockets at that distance because I thought it might be some Sparrow Miller and check with the camera that not only were Commons.

MORE DETAILS IN http://birdingtrekkingandnaturecom-...01/gavilan-macho-intenta-cazar-gorriones.html

Fantastic sequence of photos and although I cannot read Spanish, I can pretty much understand what has been written. Excellent effort Luis. Two of my favourite birds in the blog and another misunderstood species that I defended (and still do) for years.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back