• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Owls! (1 Viewer)

Second thread in under a few hours so I apologise if you can post so many at a time! But I thought I'd aim this one at this beautiful bird.

Is there a trick to finding them? I know you have to look for White wash and pellets, or is it right time right place? I hear them (lots of) in the forest at about half 11pm, i then go into the forest the next day and it's like trying to get blood out of a stone! Being on the farm at night is creepy and due to being a one man band, I won't explore further then the barn. I have my big headlamp, and will sit out side tonight.. Pointless yes, but if I hear where the hooting is coming from, that will narrow it down as to where they sleep/roost?!

Thanks for the replies!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back